Thursday, March 22, 2012

Dear Google, Can You Please Translate Bon Iver?


When I listen to his songs, I can't seem to understand what he says.

It seems that neither can some lyric websites:

Here is a line from Michicant by Bon Iver translated by two different lyric websites.

verse 3 line 4

Metro Lyrics: "Hung up in the ivory, both were climbing for a finer cause" 

Lyrics Mania: "Photo could've clamped over the caution, but you were coming out"

.... ?

And google, after you translate, can you translate the translation?

Oh, and while you're at it, my Ray LaMontagne ears aren't quite tuned into his beautiful raspy voice. 

Help me out?

Thanks, you're a gem :)

2 comments:

  1. So, this is not in answer to this post...but I just got caught up on a TON of previous posts! And can I tell you that you make me laugh! I love reading your blog :)
    That post with the "questionable photo" - I remember finding those in Mexico and I didn't know what they were at first either! My sister and I picked them up and were playing with them until my mom told us what they were! It was pretty hilarious :) We were pretty young.
    Anyway, I'm so glad you got to go and have a blast!
    I also loved the Daddy Daughter date! Your dad looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I love your story! Do you mean "younger" like 23, 24? If so, you're JUST LIKE ME :)
      And I'm sooo glad you like my blog! I definitely enjoy writing it. And if you ever want to do a guest post on something gardeny - or something AWESOME - I'd love to have you! I went and hung out with Austin and his wife last night. It was fun, but guess what, it made me miss you! Next time I come to Utah, you are first on my list to see. I'm going to call you soon. We need to catch up!

      Delete