Monday, March 12, 2012

Daddy Daughter Date


I'm pretty sure Dad's were made for Daddy Daughter Dates. That's my dad. Isn't he soooo cute!?

This lovely Father of mine called me a couple of weeks ago and said he would be stopping in New York for a couple of days to see me. EEEEE! I was so excited! And rightfully so, we had such a great time. We practically spent the whole time in New York and exhausted ourselves with fun.


We went to go see Godspell - a musical based on the gospel of Matthew. It was fun and energizing! During intermission they invited everyone to come down to the stage to enjoy a small glass of wine. We don't drink so we didn't go, but I loved the intimate feeling they created. The Circle in the Square theater is definitely my new favorite! 

And if you're going to see a show, it must be followed by Ellen's Stardust Diner.



All the waiters at this diner are aspiring to be on Broadway. And most of them make it. Last year they sent 13 artists on their way! Our waiter, Stevo, sang us a great rendition of "New York, New York." We had such a great time! Here, I'll put in a video so you can watch some of it :)



Luckily my dad loves New York just as much as I do. Hopefully he can come back again when he as more time so I can show him more of what this great city has to offer.

In my opinion, it was one of our best dates ever. We talked and laughed literally the entire weekend. But what really got me was being reminded how wonderful it is to have a loving and supportive father. We had some discussions that really gave me confidence in the direction I'm going in my life. He helped me in a way that only a father can. I know not everyone has a father figure, but I hope all of us can have those male and female mentors that help guide us through life. I also believe strongly in the love and support of a Heavenly Father. And those relationships (including the one I have with my mother) have taught me how to become a loving, confident, and happy young woman. We all need them and we all have the opportunity to become them - no matter what our circumstances are in life. So that is my goal, to be as supportive as those who have supported me, and to have a dang good time along the way!

So why not? Go tell someone who has supported you how much you love and appreciate them! I promise you won't regret it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment